Welcome to my website!
I am a graduate student in MS Robotics program at Oregon State University. Currently, I am working as Research Assistant with Prof. Houssam Abbas. I completed my undergrad (2016-20) at Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT), India. During my undergrad and internships, I have worked on perception and planning for mobile robots. In the long term, I wish to pursue research aiming at safe and reliable autonomy.
I am chiefly interested in perception and planning for autonomous vehicles. In perception, problems related to the detection and tracking of multiple objects (DATMO) in real-time. In motion planning, dynamic obstacle avoidance, collision risk estimation, and behavior planning.
My previous roles:
1. Research internship with team CHROMA (INRIA, France) (Know more)
2. Research intern at Mowito, India
3. Core coordinator at IvLabs (the robotics lab of VNIT)
4. Intern at Hi-Tech Robotic systems Ltd. (Know more)
- Unmesh Patil, Alessandro Renzaglia, Anshul Paigwar, Christian, Laugier Real-time Collision Risk Estimation based on Stochastic Reachability Spaces, IEEE International Conference on Advanced Robotics (ICAR), 2021. [Paper] [Code]
- Aniket Gujarathi, Akshay Kulkarni, Unmesh Patil, et al., Design and Development of Autonomous Delivery Robot, 2021, Arxiv:2103.09229 [cs.RO]. [Thesis] [Code]
- Navid Panchi, Khush Agrawal, Unmesh Patil, et al. Deep Learning-Based Stair Segmentation and Behavioral Cloning for Autonomous Stair Climbing. International Journal of Semantic Computing, (2019)(04), 497-512. [Paper] [Code]
I have known Unmesh Patil for about 4 years now as a faculty advisor, class teacher, and his research project supervisor. Unmesh is having great potential to work on theory and simulations and has a strong mathematical background. As a student, I find him with curiosity and eagerness to learn a lot of new things and make the best use of resources" --- Dr. C. Ravikumar, Asst. Prof VNIT, Nagpur
We experienced Mr. Unmesh Patil as a reliable, independent and conscientious contributor. He has sound robotics fundamentals and good grip over ROS, Python/C++, Planning algorithms and mathematical concepts. Not only performing the pure basics of his tasks but reviewing them against the big picture and triggering ideas for improvement. His contribution at THRSL has been of good value to the company"
--- Sahil Malhotra, Principal Architect, THRSL, India
Unmesh has worked on multiple projects under my guidance including the Stair climbing robot, Autonomous exploration system, Autonomous delivery robot and most recently the “Sahayak” (helper) robot for medical staff working in COVID-19 wards. He is a hardworking, sincere and dedicated person when it comes to his interests. He likes learning interesting things and sharing them to elevate the interest of others in a particular subject. He is honest, dependable, and incredibly hardworking."
--- Dr. S. Chiddarwar, Asso. Prof. VNIT, Nagpur